Cleaning your house can be a daunting task – especially if you have tons of things to do, places to go, and when you have little messy kids at home. Sometimes, it feels impossible. Well, we hate to break it to you but cleaning is one thing, maintaining your house clean is a whole new story. But you know what, it doesn’t have to be so difficult if you just create a simple process.
Ever heard of the term sprint cleaning? It’s literally cleaning as fast as you can. You may think that fast cleaning won’t work especially when you need to do the deep cleaning but hear us out.
No matter how long you clean your bathroom, or your kitchen, or any room in your house, the reality is, it will go back to being dirty in a few minutes. So instead of doing it longer, do it smarter.
Spend a couple of minutes wiping down the counter, sweeping, putting out toys, throwing trash, and mopping the floor. Let’s say, you allocate 5 minutes for each cleaning task. So, in the morning, you will only spend roughly 20 to 30 minutes cleaning the house.
When you find another chance in the afternoon or at night, do the same thing. Spend another 20 to 30 minutes cleaning. Sounds simple, but you’ll be surprised at the difference it will make.
How to keep your house clean in less than 30 minutes:
The secret to maintaining your house clean is creating a simple cleaning process that you can follow on any given day.
- Put things back where you get them – Don’t wait for another day or another month to do so. It’s easy to clean when things are in order. Not to mention, it’s easier to find things if they’re consistently being returned to their respective place.
- Wipe off the dust – It won’t take a lot of effort to get a rug or a duster and wipe off the dust. You can do it while reading a book, watching television, etc. Easy, right?
- Get everyone to follow – Creating a house rule is definitely important in keeping your house clean. You have to make sure that everyone is on board with keeping your house orderly, no matter how old or young they may be.
- Throw your trash in the garbage can – Seriously, how hard can it be? If we can just all throw all our trash straight to the can, then life will be so much easier.
- Wash your dishes or any other kitchen utensils right after you use them – Don’t wait for them to pile up in the sink. It’s so much easier to wash your dishes when you clean them as you go.